A new update is released
Even with the very stormy launch, Atlas is still looking promising and developers are trying to get the game on its feet with constant updates and patches. They are already released several new updates to fix server performance, FPS drops, balance issues and many bugs.
Atlas v8 patch notes
You can find the all the upcoming patch notes below:
- - Further improved server stability.
- - Further reduced Ship of the Damned spawns by 20%
- - Ship of the Damned now are allowed to "Wander" away from shore if they find themselves close to shore
- - Ship of the Damned targeting ranges now are reduced by the type of ship (down to 30% for rafts (which means they will now attack rafts - but you have to get pretty darn close to them!) and 0% for dinghies)
- - -LowMemoryMode now disables the background movies for lighter memory footprint
- - Changed damage type on repair hammer to 0 against players, human npcs, and creatures to stop pvp on pve servers, not used as a weapon on pvp.
- - Ships near shore do not attract cyclones anymore
- - Vultures should now more easily harvest corpses
- - Ships that players are based on do not use staggered updates now (resolving the issue of the choppy spyglass rotation when in the crow's nest, for example)
- - Can no longer weapon-charge or dodge when encumbered.
- - Fixed erroneous reference to chalcedony instead of flint base
- - Added Ingots/Alloys and Organic Paste to the list of resources allowed in the ship repair box
- - Tripled gathering weighting of metal in all the generic rocks for both pick and hatchet damage types
- - Grenades damaged to stone multiplied by 3x
- - Changed Human Crew character carry inv max weight from 1000 to 60.
- - Switched damage weightings around so the pick tool is preferred from metal/crystal/gem/salts and hatchet for wood/coal/stone, etc. No adjustments have been made to yield changes, just tools have been adjusted.
- - Fixed an issue with treasure bottle's spawning (there will now be more of them and more reliably spawned) and increased the quality of loot found in treasures.