How long will you survive?
MMO survival horror game developed and published by Bohemia Interactive, DayZ is coming to PS4 after four years of its official announcement. The game takes place in post-Soviet country Chernarus, where an unknown virus turned the majority of the population into dangerous infected zombies. And in order to survive in this dangerous land, players need to find supplies, guns, foods, and other stuff to stay alive as much as they can.
Currently available on PC and Xbox One platforms, the official release date of DayZ for PS4 is May 29.
DayZ PS4 release date revealed
- Detailed, authentic backdrop of Chernarus, an open world terrain featuring 230 square kilometres of hand-crafted environment based on real life locations
- Real emotional experience driven by the emergent interactions of 60 players on the server, all fighting for survival by any means necessary
- Environmental dangers including the infected, dynamic weather, and animal predators
- Wide variety of complex survival mechanics - from hunting and crafting, through sophisticated injury simulation, to transferable diseases
- Persistent servers with complex loot economy, and the ability to build improvised bases
- Visceral, authentic gun play and melee combat systems
- Smooth and reactive character controller utilizing a detailed animation system
- Rewarding and authentic experience of driving vehicles for travel and material transport