Last week, Croteam released their new game Serious Sam 4 as well as the story trailer. As we all know, Serious Sam 4 is part of the Serious Sam series and a prequel to Serious Sam 3: BFE. After listening to the community, Croteam released Serious Sam 4 update. This update brings new features to the game and includes some performance improvements.
As we said, this update brings some new features. For example, players will be able to disable all hints, headshot indicators, etc. Additionally, this patch allows players to bind all weapon slots. To get the new update, you don’t need to do anything extra. Steam will start downloading the update as soon as you log-in to your Steam account.
Serious Sam 4 Update
- The benchmark will no longer create auto-saves, so your progress is safe once again.
- The benchmark will no longer leave the cheats turned on at the end of the run.
- You can now disable all hints, as well as the headshot indicators in the game options menu.
- Netricsa indicators can now be controlled through the game options menu.
- Weapon slots are now bindable! Thanks for your feedback on this.
- Toggle last weapon will now ignore gadgets.
- Objective markers visibility can now be controlled through game options (auto, always, never).
Stability and Performance
- Various stability and performance improvements across GFX APIs.
- Fixed an issue where the game would hang on a black screen and cause the system to reboot in rare cases.
- Killing the Metal Snake boss should no longer cause the framerate to drop unexpectedly.
Visual Fixes and Changes
- Fixed an issue where Blue Biomech wouldn’t gib on any blood setting but the default one.
- Fixed an issue where the Time Warp effect would be visible during cutscenes.
- Vehicle steering wheels and speedometers will now behave correctly in all situations.
- Additional tweaks on the Processed melee kill.
Gameplay Fixes and Changes
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the player from finishing the side mission on “Gates of Hell” in certain situations.
- The Cluster Grenade attachment will now be awarded when the player starts the “Vive la Resistance” level from the menu.
- The Zealot will no longer be catapulted into oblivion when killed by a double-barreled shotgun or a rocket launcher. It was fun while it lasted.
- Fixed an issue where the players would sometimes get stuck near the first gated area in Viva La Resistance.
- The Chainsaw Launcher alt-fire will now gib enemies as intended.
- The player will now spawn in the Popemobile after loading an autosave during the Megalopolyp boss fight.
- Also fixed an issue where the players would be unable to remove a weapon from their hands while riding a Khnum.
- Fixed an issue where some secrets would not be marked as such when the player discovered them.
- Vehicles will no longer be able to kill enemies without any momentum.
- L.I.F.E gadget will no longer reset armour to 100 to players who have more than 100 armour at the time of activation.
- Fixed an issue with the cutscene starting abruptly upon finishing the Viva la Resistance square fight.
- The mech “low battery” warning will no longer show for all players on the server, even if they are not in a mech.
- Players will now select the last used weapon after using a gadget, instead of always autoselecting rifle.