It's not dead yet
It seems Bioware hasn't given up yet for Anthem. Few days ago, EA CEO said, Anthem has 7 to 10 years ahead of life cycle. But if we look at the player numbers, this kind of expectations might look like a little exaggerated.
But even with low player count, Bioware still bringing new features and updates for the Anthem. Today, they released a new update for the PTS servers. This update adds new animations, improved Cataclysm mode and seasonal store to the game.
You can find the all changes below:
Anthem June 25th PTS Update Release Notes
- A limited version of the Seasonal store is now available. Spend the Crystals you earn from playing through the Cataclysm and other events on seasonal rewards.
- Shaper Storm Events – Based on player feedback, creatures now spawn while waiting for the timer to finish counting down.
- Updates to Vara gameplay, VFX and cinematics.
- Boss Phases fully set up
- Transitions now working properly
- Attacks Updated
- Fire wall speed increased from 8 seconds to 4 seconds
- Ice projectile now seeks properly
- Beam now triggers properly after player frozen
- Dominion summon now works more than once
- Close range melee now has an air version for hovering players
- Pillar AOEs now have better timings and clearer VFXs
- Ground fire timing has been made easier to avoid
- Most attacks VFX and Animations have been improved
- Updates to cinematic scenes, including new animations.
- Cataclysm scoring is now affected by the difficulty selected.
- Based on player feedback, notifications were added to inform the player of when each tier in the Shaper Storm Event starts.
- Added/updated Inversion journal entries in the cortex. All current Inversions should now have names and descriptions.
- Added audio cue for when a player is ready in the start of expedition screen.
- The audio will fire if they are anywhere within the Star of Expedition screen (game mode, consumables, map, social, inversions), if they close the screen or navigate to the Forge they currently won’t hear it.
- Various lighting and environment art issues addressed within the Cataclysm area.
- Leaderboards: You are now able to see playcards other than just your own.
- Vara now drops loot after she is defeated.
- Fixed issues with VO not firing properly.
- Reduced the volume of chat wheel VO to prevent it from talking over mission VO.
- Fixed an issue where a party wipe in the Cataclysm caused completed arenas (other than the last one completed) to be reset and replayable.
- Fixed issues with gunfire visual effects showing incorrectly depending on whether the Cataclysm storm was on or off.
- Fixed an issue where the Cataclysm instructions were only being displayed for the first player to load in.
- Fixed an issue where the Inversions pop-up was being displayed again after respawning.
- Fixed an issue where your score for completing the Cataclysm was not reset for your next run if you didn’t defeat Vara in the previous run.
- Fixed some issues with the interactions between the pressure plates and shield domes containing echoes.
- Fixed several crashes.
- Lowered the difficulty of the Valkyries in the story missions based on player feedback.
- Cataclysm unlocked notification no longer appears each time you enter the Cataclysm.
- Added electric hazards to prevent players from avoiding the Anomaly.
- Fixed a chest that could spawn partially under the terrain after completing an arena in the Cataclysm.
- Fixed an issue where completing an arena in the Cataclysm showed “World Event Complete” instead of “Cataclysm Event Complete”.
- Fixed an issue where Valkyries would sometimes stop tracking and attacking players occasionally.
- Fixed an issue in the Cataclysm where a party wipe while fighting the Riftmaster caused the rift to remain shielded after respawning, making it impossible to complete the arena.