Revealed last month, Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time is a feature-length VR videogame that will transport fans into a globally-beloved world of aliens, mystery and wonder. Players will embark on a brand-new and fully-interactive adventure, inspired by the show’s 55-year history and starring the Doctor’s current incarnation, played by Jodie Whittaker.
Doctor Who’s VR game is announced!
Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time will launch on PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Vive Cosmos in September 2019.
- The weeping angels utilise a classic horror game mechanic, so the team have been excited to work with them.
- Daleks in VR are incredibly imposing. Getting up close to them, seeing the textures of the metal and reflectivity are awe-inspiring (in a terrifying kind of way!).
- Jump scares work really well in VR! They are a brilliant technique. Be warned.
- Being able to create new monsters for the show and add to the canon is hugely exciting. We’re making Doctor Who history!
- When working in VR, because people can move around, get up close and experience the monsters from any angle, it’s really important to get the quality and accuracy just right. It feels very real!