Today, SQUARE ENIX announced a January 8 release of Patch 4.5 for FINAL FANTASY XIV Online. Titled A Requiem For Heroes, the two-part patch will bring with it the climactic finish to the Stormblood storyline and set the stage for the Shadowbringers expansion pack due for release in early summer 2019.
A new trailer showcasing upcoming Patch 4.5 content is available here:
The first installment of A Requiem For Heroes will include the following content and features:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The first half of the thrilling climax to the Stormblood storyline.
- New Trial – Confront Seiryu in both normal and extreme difficulties in the last chapter of the Four Lords’ quest line.
- New Instanced Dungeon – The Ghimlyt Dark
- Return to Ivalice Alliance Raid Dungeon – The Orbonne Monastery
- New Custom Deliveries – Crafter and Gatherer-focused questlines
- Gold Saucer Update – New GATE, “Air Force One”; New minigame, “Doman Mahjong”
- New Minions, Hairstyles, Emotes, and Mounts