Even with the very stormy launch, Atlas is still looking promising and developers are trying to get the game on its feet with constant updates and patches. They are already released several new updates to fix server performance, FPS drops, balance issues and many bugs. And today, on the official forums, they announced the upcoming patch notes. In the next update, they will improve server performance by adjusting the server water utilization. Also, next patch will change stealing enemy territory time period.
Atlas Performance Update patch notes
You can find the all the upcoming patch notes below:
- Improved server performance by adjusting server water thread utilization
- Changed declaim period (stealing enemy territory) to 30 minutes from 1.5 hours (requires they have no alive crew or players in the vicinity)
- Removed requirement to be on a boat to steal someone’s boat after placing the claim flag. Adjusted base value times to claim the boats to be 1 one minute to steal a dinghy, 30 minutes to steal a raft, a couple hours to steal sloop, and so forth (levelling a ship increases the time it takes to steal that ship).
- Rebalanced Skill Point requirements as originally intended, where higher tier skills cost more SP. Forced a one-time ‘free’ respec to use these new values. (edited)
- “Low Memory” Launch Option for more reliable <= 8GB OS support.
- Item yield and Gold yield from Treasure have been doubled