Developer Rebellion has released the Evil Genius 2 first day patch notes. The patch is available at the moment and will apply to the game when it is out.
On the patch notes, we see that a number of crashes fixed and there are some improvements about shadow details. The patch also improves the gamepad support. Evil Genius 2: World Domination will be out on March 30th. You can read the complete patch notes below. Stay tuned, enjoy.
Evil Genius 2 First Day Patch Notes
- Crash fixes and stability improvements.
- Improved Shadow quality.
- General balance adjustments.
- Super Agents, Crime Lords, and Narrative Characters will arrive at the Lair more reliably.
- Super Agents and Narrative Antagonists appear on the World Map more reliably.
- Incinerator queuing functions as intended: No more pile-ups of Body Bags!
- Event Log notifications correctly clear once Deserting minions have left the Lair.
- Event Log notifications reduced when many minions enter combat.
- A number of Scheme costs have been rebalance.
- Various text, localisation, and icon improvements.
- Objectives correctly reward the full Gold amount listed if there is sufficient space in the player’s Vault.
- Characters now disembark the Cruise Ship more elegantly when arriving at the “Caine Key” island Lair.
- Captives can be interrogated on the same Trap multiple times.
- Minions will correctly stow weapons before Interrogating characters on Traps.
- Updated Doomsday Cavern entrances to be visible from higher floors.
- Audio added for Geniuses using their Inner Sanctum items, mocking captives.
- Dialogue volume adjustments during narrative scenes.
- Updated Island preview images in the Lair Selection screen.
- Narrative Characters will no longer duplicate in unusual circumstances.
- Heat increases significantly more slowly when playing a campaign on the “Easy” difficulty setting.
- Completed Objectives now display in reverse-chronological order.
- Improved gamepad support.
- HUD is correctly display on Nvidia Surround and AMD Eyefinity multi-display setups.
- Narrative Characters cannot be prematurely executed.
- Tourists spawn in Sandbox mode at the correct rate.
- Security Desks and Cameras are now unlocked in Sandbox Mode.
Evil Genius Campaigns
- Emma’s Spiderbot completes Executions more reliably.
- Ivan’s campaign objective, “Rumour Has It” updated to provide greater player freedom.
- Narrative dialogue will no longer repeat during Maximilian’s “War on Krast” Objective.
- During Zalika’s “Perfect Pitch” Objective, the Objective will correctly track if you have already built the V.O.I.D. Prototype item.
- During Zalika’s campaign Objective “Perfect Pitch”, Investors can leave the Lair without impacting progress.
- Side Stories can no longer start before unlocking any advanced minion types they require.
- Crime Lords are reliably converted to full Henchmen upon completion of their Side Story.
- The Declaration of Independence cannot be prematurely reclaimed by the Forces of Justice during the “Fool’s Gold” Side Story.
- Wrecking Bola destroys items in the Lair more reliably.
- Scheme “Made from Sternum Stuff” correctly despawns after completing the Side Story “Them Bones”.
- IRIS’ combat VFX now correctly fade when combat has completed.
- During the “North by North” Objective, Jubei will no longer enter a homicidal rage and start murdering innocent Tourists.