gamescom will be held in 2020 as a purely digital trade show. This means new challenges for the organizers as well as for all exhibitors and companies. Creative ideas and digital solutions are needed to transfer successful major events online. With the new Indie Arena Booth Online, the award-winning exhibition booth, which brings together computer and video games from all over the world, can be experienced online for the first time. In addition to many opportunities for interaction, there will also be special promotional events at gamescom, for example in cooperation with Steam.
gamescom 2020: Premiere for digital gamecity
In cooperation with Indie Arena Booth, gamecity:Hamburg is developing a digital version of the gamecity:Hamburg booth with its design and special features. Hamburg-based studios and developers can apply for participation until May 31, 2020, and can receive the following benefits:
- Participation in the online workshop “Road to gamescom” in June on the topics of pitching, PR and networking
- Virtual Booth on the gamecity:Hamburg area (with interactive elements like access to online shops, homepages, talking NPCs)
- Access to B2B backend/ the digital business lounge of the Indie Arena Booth Online
- Integration of the own game into the main live stream
- Participation in sales and other events
- Social media features
- Part of the official Indie Arena Booth line up trailer
When applying, the following information must be entered in the application field “Short Game Description” to participate in the competition for the gamecity:Hamburg online booth: “We would like to participate in the gamecity:Hamburg program”
For the offer by gamecity:Hamburg the following conditions of participation are necessary:
- Head office of the applicants or a branch office in Hamburg
- A playable version of the submitted game will be available at gamescom 2020
- Applicants are commercially oriented and belong to the games industry
The application is now possible online at www.indiearenabooth.de/apply.
Further information about the application and the conditions can be found on the homepage of gamecity:Hamburg. The application period for the gamecity:Hamburg offer ends on May 31, 2020.
Further information on the schedule and program of the digital trade exhibition and the online version of the Indie Arena Booth will be announced in good time.