DX12 support for PC players, bug fixes, gameplay tweaks and menu updates included in the new patch
IO Interactive announced Hitman 2's March update is bringing Microsoft's latest API, DX12 support for the game. Update 2.20 also aims to fix the CPU optimization and Motion Blur problem occurs during gameplay. Let's take a look at the update notes:
Hitman 2 March Update 2.20 notes:
- Nul Point - We’ve fixed an issue that could result in a successful
playthrough ending with a ‘0’ score.
- Static Rico - We’ve fixed an issue that could cause Rico Delgado to suspend
his routine after the tattoo was finished.
- Texture Fix - We’ve fixed an issue that could cause textures to flicker
during the Three-Headed Serpent mission in Santa Fortuna.
Bug - We’ve fixed an issue that could
fail the ‘Backpacker’ Mission Story after placing the souvenir.
- Shashka A33
Audio - We’ve fixed an issue that could
cause the Shashka A33 rifle to have barely audible SFX when used by an NPC.
- Brief Case - We’ve fixed an issue where 47 getting frisked with the
briefcase could result in an animation where the briefcase clips through 47’s
- Wrench Stash - We’ve fixed an issue that prevented the Handyman Wrench from
being used in a ‘Hidden Stash’.
- Disco Crush - We’ve fixed an issue that was preventing unconscious NPC’s
from dying when a disco ball was dropped on them.
- Environment Sweep - We’ve fixed
multiple minor issues across all locations (including Legacy) relating to
Array - We’ve fixed various examples of
ambient sound either being muted or not changing smoothly.
- Wrench Hit - We’ve fixed an issue that was preventing sound effects from
triggering when pacifying an NPC with a wrench.
- Arrived - We’ve removed the Arrival ‘location’ from the Statistics
Ghost Mode Improvements
- Map Areas - We’ve enabled area names to the Ghost Mode map to help with
Ghost - We’ve fixed a few issues that could cause crashes or infinite
loads when entering a match.
- Random First - We’ve fixed an issue where the first
target in a match was not randomly selected.
- DX 12 - We’ve enabled DX 12 support for all
PC players using AMD and Intel DX12 GPUs and on NVIDIA GeForce 900 series or
better. This option can be toggled in the Launcher.
- Motion Blur - We’ve fixed an issue where the Motion
Blur setting was not working as intended.
Stats - We’ve fixed an issue that could prevent the results of the
Benchmark being generated.
Monitors - We’ve fixed an issue that could cause out-of-world environments
to be visible for players using multiple monitors, or a single ultra-wide
- Taser Shot - We’ve fixed an issue where the ICA
Proximity Taser would not react when being shot. Now, it will trigger as
Outfits - We’ve fixed an issue where outfits could become stretched on
certain machines running Windows 8.1 with AMD graphics cards.
- PiP - We’ve fixed an issue where the PiP
camera would sometimes display shadows erratically when the ‘Screenspace
Shadows’ option is turned on.