Details on New Job, Player Race, FINAL FANTASY XV Collaboration, and Zenos’ Addition to Dissidia FINAL FANTASY NT Revealed at Fan Festival Event
At the FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival in Tokyo, Japan, SQUARE ENIX® revealed to 15,000 attendees that the highly anticipated third expansion, Shadowbringers™ will take players to the First World and the realm of Norvrandt. This marks the first time Warriors of Light will journey across dimensions and into a land similar, yet different. Here they must become Warriors of Darkness to restore night and save the world from the apocalypse the Flood of Light promises.
During the event’s keynote, Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida announced numerous new features, including:
- New Job – Dancer: Dancer joins gunbreaker as one of the new jobs in Shadowbringers. This ranged attacker not only unleashes powerful attacks using throwing weapons, but also performs dances to execute abilities and provide beneficial effects to their party. A first look at the dancer is available here: https://youtu.be/WJTHh15yJzw
- New Player Race – Hrothgar: The Hrothgar player race compliments the recently announced Viera as the second new playable race in Shadowbringers. The Hrothgar and Viera will both have unique, customizable features specific to their races. The Hrothgar reveal trailer can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/2l82wTaVhW0
- New Player Cities – The Crystarium and Eulmore: Located in Norvrandt, the former will serve as a player hub, while the latter—an affluent city ruled by the elite will play a key role in the Shadowbringers main storyline.
- New Raid – Eden: This new high-end raid content will feature multiple challenging bosses, as well as a new character—both designed specifically for this raid series by KINGDOM HEARTS® Director and FINAL FANTASY series veteran, Tetsuya Nomura.
- "Gaia" will Appear in the Eden Raid Series
- New Beast Tribe and Primal: The bearded dwarves and the ”sin eater,” Innocence.
- New Field Area – Lakeland