Narita Boy Will Launch March 30 – Launch Trailer
Publisher Team17 and developer Studio Koba gave a release date for Narita Boy, the 1980s-themed side-scrolling action-adventure game. Also, the debut trailer was released on YouTube by publisher Team17. Besides, the game will be released on March 30 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (Steam). Finally, the game will be included in Xbox Game Pass on console and PC from day one.
Narita Boy Will Launch March 30
Here is an overview of the game, via Team17:
Narita Boy is a heart-felt love story to the 1980s, featuring a narrative-driven adventure that takes players to a game inside a game, battling powerful bosses and overcoming puzzles in order to uncover the secrets of the Digital Kingdom and — ultimately — its creator.
Narita Boy puts players in the shoes of the eponymous digital warrior chosen to wield the Techno-Sword, a legendary weapon capable of defeating fearsome foes in melee or from afar as it instantly transforms into a shotgun or devastating laser beam. By using this new weapon and with the help of the Motherboard, the spiritual leader of the Digital Kingdom, players will face corrupted enemies and hulking bosses to save the electronic synthwave world from the invading Stallions, a group of rogue code bent on forced rule and subjugation During the journey, players will also explore the memories of the creator that reveals his story, from his early years in Japan, to his creation of — and connection with — the Digital Kingdom.
- Go Back to the Future!: A homage to the eighties with a new spin on classic gameplay styles, Narita Boy takes players back in time for blast from the past.
- You Have the Power!: The Techno-Sword can use alongside mysterious magic so that players can carve and blast their way through enemies great and small.
- Might as Well Jump!: The classic 2D platformer will see players explore imaginative landscapes and navigate a plethora of pixel art environments.
- Pixel-Perfect Story!: Encounter weird and wonderful digitized characters on a journey to discover the secrets of the Digital Kingdom and its elusive creator.
- Pump Up the Jam!: Inspired by the glory days of analogue synthesizers, the pumping soundtrack turns back the clock for this techno-journey.
Finally, you can watch a new trailer below.