Video games trade body Ukie today announces that ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ by Rockstar/Take 2 has taken the Christmas No.1 spot in the official Ukie Games Charts, compiled by GfK.
Red Dead Redemption 2 crowned Christmas No.1
The success of the global hit cinematic Western, a significant part of which was made in the UK, shows that UK consumer demand for immersive stories and interactive entertainment continues to grow, and reflects the continued health and talent of the UK games and interactive entertainment industry in a global industry.
Electronic Arts’ ‘FIFA 19’ and Activision Blizzard’s ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’ finished in 2nd and 3rd positions of the closely run contest respectively, with both franchises having previously achieved eight Christmas No.1s to date.
The Ukie Games Chart top ten for week 51, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Rockstar Games
- FIFA 19 – EA Sports
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – Activision
- Battlefield V – EA Games
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Nintendo
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy – Activision
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
- Marvel’s Spider-Man – Sony Computer Entertainment
- Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy – Activison