The classic Nintendo 64 racing game, based on the podracing sequence in Star Wars™: The Phantom Menace™, is back with modernized controls.
Star Wars Episode I: Racer Available On Switch And PS4
Now, this is podracing! Check out the new Star Wars Episode l: Racer launch trailer.
Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer Game Trailer Video
“Get ready to start your engines because one of the galaxy’s most dangerous races is on with the launch of Star Wars Episode l: Racer,” said Elizabeth Howard, vice president of publishing at Aspyr. “Now on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 for the first time, we can’t wait to see fans reactions as they experience this Nintendo 64 classic on modern platforms.”
About Star Wars Episode l: Racer
It’s a race unlike any other! Star Wars Episode l: Racer lets players take control of a podracer, speeding through flaming methane lakes, Tusken Raider assaults, anti-gravity tunnels, and much more in a pulse-pounding, do-or-die fight to the finish line.
- 25 playable racers including Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
- Race tracks spanning eight unique planets including Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare
- Players can work with pit droids to upgrade their podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration
- Discover short-cuts and secrets to master lap times
- Play single-player campaigns or multiplayer via split-screen