Patch 4.1.0 is now live with Beta Turn-Based Mode
Pillars of Eternity II, which is one of the best RPG's in the market is keep evolving with new updates and content. Today, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire received an update which completely changes the way you can play the game. As you may already know, the game was offering real-time combat, but with this update, you can experience the Pillars of Eternity II with turn-based mode and its really worth a shot.
You can find the patch notes of the latest update below:
Patch Notes for 4.1.0.0023
- Turn-Based Mode (Beta) - A new way to adventure in the world of Eora, Turn-Based mode is an alternate way to play and experience combat in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. This is an Open Beta feature, and we'd love to hear from our players on how this mode feels, and any issues that arise from playing it. The new game mode can be selected by starting a new game and clicking on Turn-Based Mode.
Major Fixes & Updates
- Some instances of corrupted savegames have been resolved and can now be loaded correctly.
- Optimized performance when targeting attacks, particularly large AoEs.
- Fixed an issue where companion game objects were not removed if they left the party on the World Map.
- The player will no longer be returned to the main menu on transitioning to or from Nekataka.
- Random encounters in Neketaka are guaranteed to appear after a certain number of transitions.
- Party Members will no longer die when the player goes below deck on the ship.
- Characters will no longer reaching 0 HP and become invincible when affected by certain effects.
Text & VO
- Various typos in Forgotten Sanctum have been resolved.
- 'Terrify' now contains a glossary link where applicable.
- Attacks with extra AoEs (Citzal's Spirit Lance, Whispers of the Endless Paths) will now have correct recovery when used with attack abilities.
- Kalakoth's Freezing Rake hits only applies to Enemies as described.
- Concelhaut's Parasitic Quarterstaff Recovery Time link has been modified and corrected.
- Black Jacket Fighters can take Rapid Recovery when leveling up.
- Fixed an issue with description of Black Jacket ability displaying text not related to the skill.
- Brilliant Tactician will no longer activate if there isn't an enemy present.
- Arcane Archer "Imbue" attacks will no longer show extra projectiles when used with certain weapons, such as the Hand Mortar.
- Effects of Monk's "Turning Wheel" are no longer applied to damage other than melee.
- Beguiler bonus Focus will now be granted correctly if hitting multiple targets at the same time.
- Beguiler Focus will regenerate properly.
- Ciphers will receive focus for their first attack when attacking from stealth.
- Salvation of Time can no longer be empowered, since it does not benefit from scaling.
- Prepared chants are now removed when respeccing a character.
- Fixed a bug with Wall of Frost displaying 0 base penetration.
- Whispers of the Endless Paths' AoE Spells are no longer spamming attacks.
- Last Word is no longer missing its statblock.
- The wings of Drakes now no longer beat at a extremely loud volume.
- Visual Effects
- Wards have VFX when disappearing.
- VFX comes from the correct source when using Garrote.
- The VFX from Garrote originates from the correct hand.
- Servant of the Stars now has casting VFX.
- Brazier VFX have been corrected in the Scriptorium
- Memory Hoarder soul sucking VFX stops correctly if you sneak up and attack before the conversation starts.
- Candles in Collections Lower no longer lack flame VFX.
- VFX will no longer appear through the walls in The Enclosures.
- The Shimmering Dreambeast now has a visual Shimmering effect to reflect its Shimmerstep ability.
- The Shimmering Dreambeast now has a proper effect upon finishing its Strike Through Dreams ability.
- Attribute check icons in scripted interaction success/fail banners will be the correct size.
- Fixed issue where World Map points of interest could not be interacted with.
- Certain conversation prerequisites will no longer be incorrectly locked or unlocked in specific circumstances.
- News on the Main Menu no longer displays out of date information.
- The journal will no longer display incorrect data when opened the first time after loading a save.
- Disarming traps with multiple characters will no longer give multiple trap items.