Frogwares announced that The Sinking City PlayStation 5 version will be released on February 19. Also, the standard version will be available at $ 49.99 and the deluxe version at $ 64.99. Those who previously purchased the game on PlayStation 4 will not be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version for free. So, the reason is that the publishers of the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 versions are different companies. Unfortunately, an upgrade is not possible due to problems between developer Frogwares and publisher Nacon.
Furthermore, the PlayStation 5 version of The Sinking City, the adventure and investigation game inspired by H.P. Lovecraft, will offer native 4K resolution, 60 frame rate, fast loading times, enhanced graphics, and DualSense features support. Finally, you can check out the debut trailer from the player below.
The Sinking City Coming To PS5 On February 19
Here is an overview of the game, via Frogwares:
The Sinking City is an adventure and investigation game set in an open world inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft, the master of Horror. The half-submerged city of Oakmont is gripped by supernatural forces. You are a private investigator, and you have to uncover the truth of what has possessed the city… and the minds of its inhabitants.
- An oppressive atmosphere and story inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft.
- A vast open world that can be explored on foot, by boat, in a diving suit…
- High replay value thanks to an open investigation system: each case can be solved in a number of ways, with different possible endings depending on your actions.
- An arsenal of weapons from the 1920s with which to take on nightmarish creatures.
- Manage your mental health to untangle the truth behind the madness.
The Sinking City on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series offers the following improvements:
- Native 3840 × 2160 resolution (4K)
- 60 frames per second
- Improved graphical fidelity
- Significantly faster loading times
- DualSense features support
- The Sinking City game
- “The Worshipers of the Necronomicon” – Three new quests in which Charles Reed investigates unsolved cases and sets out in search of mysterious spell books that harbor unspeakable powers.
- “Merciful Madness” – Three new quests that explore Lovecraft’s iconic stories and bring to light the mysteries of Oakmont and its demented citizens.
- “Investigator Pack” – Upgrade your gaming experience with an exclusive private investigator outfit and access to a first aid kit, antipsychotics and a crafting materials starter pack.
- “Chicago Organ Grinder” – This downloadable content grants early access to the most powerful weapon in the game, the Tommy gun, and comes with a golden skin of the weapon.
- “Experience Boost” – This downloadable content includes a skill point that can be used from the start of the game. Use it wisely to upgrade your combat skills, vigor or mind.