Kalypso Media is best known as a publisher of strategy and simulation games, with the critically acclaimed Tropico series as the company’s flagship brand. 2019 sees the launch of the latest instalment in this beloved series, with the highly-anticipated Tropico 6 scheduled to release on PC and consoles.
Kalypso Media pushed back Tropico 6 release date
After going through rigorous in-house testing and taking on board all the feedback collected from the closed beta and the wider Tropico community, Tropico 6 is shaping up to be a great game. Kalypso is striving to deliver an outstanding gameplay experience to make Tropico 6 the best in the series to date, and as such has taken the difficult decision to move the release of the PC, MAC and Linux versions to 29th March in order to allow sufficient time to implement as much of the fans’ feedback as possible and work on final balancing and polishing to raise the level of quality expected from this flagship brand to what the Tropico fans and community deserve.
Simon Hellwig, owner and managing director of Kalypso Media, has prepared an open-letter to the Tropico community and shared it through the company’s forums and social channels.
Also Kalypso Media is offering first major Tropico 6 DLC free of charge to anyone who has pre-ordered the game by 18:00 GMT / 19:00 CET on 10th January.
Tropico 6 is available to pre-order now via the Kalypso Shop and other digital platforms as either the standard version (with instant access to the closed beta) or as a special El Prez Edition, including two tourist outfits for your Presidente, a flamingo pond for your customizable palace, digital soundtrack, digital calendar and instant beta access.
Tropico 6 will have these features at launch;
- Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
- Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal world wonders and monuments, to add them to your collection.
- Build bridges, construct tunnels and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities.
- Customize the looks of your palace at will and choose from various extras.
- Tropico 6 features a revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
- Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
- Co-operative and competitive multiplayer for up to four players
Tropico 6 is scheduled for a worldwide release on Windows PC, Mac, Linux on 29th March 2019, with console versions set to follow in summer 2019 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.