Riot Games published a new patch for their popular battle royale game Valorant. The new patch includes some nerfs to the agent Jett. And also big changes in the Split Map. So let’s check Valorant 2.01 patch notes.
Valorant 2.01 patch introduces some balance changes, nerfing one of the game’s strongest duelists and major changes on the map Splitt. In the patch note, it says: “Jett became a substitute for the Controller role, and reasonably aggressive teams could make use of her Cloudburst smokes to quickly take space without relying on a dedicated Controller. This is part of a pattern of Duelists superseding more utility-focused Agents that we will continue to look at in the future.”.
Valorant 2.01 Patch Notes
JETT: Smoke duration decreased 7 >>> 4.5
- In a continuation of the Controller changes from Patch 2.0, we felt it was important to consider Jett’s smokes as well. In Patch 1.0, we increased Jett’s smoke duration to 7 seconds (from the then 4 seconds), and we are partially undoing that now. We’ve found that the result of that change was that Jett became a substitute for the Controller role, and reasonably aggressive teams could make use of her Cloudburst smokes to quickly take space without relying on a dedicated Controller. This is part of a pattern of Duelists superseding more utility-focused Agents that we will continue to look at in the future. It’s important that Jett can use her smokes to create temporary windows for the high action plays that define her style, but those windows need to be brief enough to ensure that Controllers are where teams look for team-focused vision blocking.
- Increased the width of the B Main doorway. This should make the space easier to navigate for attackers, and make it more difficult for defenders to stall Attackers in the choke point. There is a crate for attackers to utilize on the other side of the doorways as cover, which allows for utility to be thrown into the site from a new angle.
- On top of the changes to B Main, there is an additional trash pile placed in the corner to prevent defenders from hiding in too deep a nook. This creates a new angle into B Main when standing on the new object.
- Increased Spike plant zone boundary. This allows a new Spike plant location for attackers to defend from within B Main
- New material stack for cover in B Site that allows you to isolate angles more effectively. This also breaks up a vertical 50/50 angle when peeking into the site from B Main.
- Simplified the Ramen/Scuttle Crab area. This should make the map feel more open and allow you to push through and clear this area without having to rely as heavily on utility.
- Increased the width of the doorway to A Tower and reduced safety of defenders in A Tower. This change should increase the value of controlling A Ramps.
- Fixed an issue with rank promotion and demotion indicators overlapping players rank on the Career page.
- Fixed a bug where credits wouldn’t be properly refunded after selling a gun that a teammate bought.
- Phoenix’s starting location would briefly be displayed on the minimap after being killed in Run it Back.
- Fixed issue where Omen’s reforming VFX didn’t line up with where he actually appeared when using Shrouded Step.
- Fixed Jett being able to trigger the defuse sound while dashing.
- Omen could have his gun equipped while forming during From the Shadows.
Here are some changes and fixes in the 2.01 patch. You can read the full patch notes in the official web page. Stay tuned, enjoy.