Valorant New Agent: Astral Lady Astra
Riot’s popular shooter game Valorant continues to develop. The developers continue to improve their game while dealing with the cheaters. As we know, current Season 2 Act 1 is coming to an end and new act will star soon. And the new act will come with a Valorant new agent, Astra.
The developer, Riot Games, revealed their new character on their Twitter account. The new character is called Astra. As we can understand from the name, her skills based on stars. Astra will be another controller agent among Brimstone, Omen, and Viper. Astra’s main duty is to place stars across the map and then pop them with different skills. But before activating her skills, she needs to use her X skill and hang some of her Stars in the sky.
She’s already got it all planned out. Harness the cosmos and control the fight as Astra, the newest Agent in VALORANT. pic.twitter.com/1vTKh25atc
— VALORANT (@PlayVALORANT) February 27, 2021
In Astra’s character bio, it writes: “Ghanaian Agent Astra harnesses the energies of the cosmos to reshape battlefields to her whim. With full command of her astral form and a talent for deep strategic foresight, she’s always eons ahead of her enemy’s next move.”. Astra might be the best designed character in Valorant. Her look and moves are really nice.
In a press release, game designer Jordan Anton said: “With Astra we wanted to make a controller that was thinking about the whole map. Her global presence was there right from the beginning. We wanted her skill expression to be about gathering information and turning that into a plan, where the execution phase is less about precisely targeting a grenade throw and more about seeing if your read on the enemy came together how you hoped.”.
Valorant New Agent Astra Skills
- C Gravity Well: Activates a Star with C to form a Gravity Well. Players in the area are pulled toward the center before it explodes, making all players still trapped inside “fragile.”
- Q Nova Pulse: Activates a Star to detonate a Nova Pulse. The Nova Pulse charges briefly then strikes, concussing all players in its area.
- E Nebula: Activates a Star to transform it into a Nebula (smoke).
- F Dissipate: Use F on a Star to Dissipate it, returning the star to your inventory be placed in a new location after a delay. Dissipate briefly forms a fake smoke (Nebula) at the Star’s location before returning.
- X Astral Form, Cosmic Divide: Activate with X to enter Astral Form, where you can place Stars with your primary fire key. Astra will leave her physical body behind in favor of a top-down view of the map. Her physical body will be vulnerable in this form. When Cosmic Divide is charged, use your secondary fire in Astral Form to begin aiming it, then your primary fire to select two locations. An infinite teleport-esque tunnel connects the two points you select.
The new agent Astra will be available on March 2, one day before the new battle pass for Act 2. Stay tuned, enjoy.