Animal Crossing New Horizons winter update adds data transfer features as well as Turkey Day, Toy Day, new hairstyle options, and winter weather. Colder weather may be approaching, but Animal Crossing New Horizons for Nintendo Switch brings the joy of a hot holiday. Alongside the maroon-colored maple leaves that begin to drift down from the trees. Also, the islands in the Northern Hemisphere will visit by peaceful snow covers.
Animal Crossing New Horizons With Seasonal Activities And A Winter Update
A free update for Animal Crossing New Horizons will arrive on November 19. The update will introduce holiday events and enhancements, giving players new opportunities to connect with friends. Furthermore, family and enjoy island life with the residents of Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Special occasions such as November 26th Turkey Day and December 24th Toy Day will be added with the new update. So, these offer holiday experiences that you can enjoy with others. The winter update also brings new reactions and new hairstyles to Animal Crossing New Horizons. As well as an in-game item storage expansion option and data transfer feature.
“We’d like to invite everyone to experience the holidays together with family and friends in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Along with your island residents bringing their unique seasonal cheer.” Said Nick Chavez, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “We’re eager for everyone to discover all the changes arriving at your islands during this holiday season.”
The following features can all be enjoyed regardless of which hemisphere your game island is located in, beginning Nov. 19:
- Turkey Day – On Turkey Day, which will take place this year on Nov. 26, the first-class chef Franklin will arrive and host a gathering in the plaza. You can help Franklin collect ingredients to go in the dishes that will be on display in the plaza. You can even receive a gift from Franklin as a thank you for helping him cook in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
- Toy Day – It’s the time of the year when island residents rejoice … The month of Toy Day is nearly at hand! You might notice your island and plaza gradually becoming more festive with holiday-themed decorations over the coming weeks.*** Keep an eye out for decorated trees, too. Shaking these may drop ornaments which will allow you to craft holiday furniture recipes. From Dec. 1 to Dec. 25, you’ll be able to purchase toys from Nook’s Cranny and find holiday-themed clothing at the Able Sisters shop. When it’s officially Toy Day on Dec. 24, Jingle will pay a special visit to your island to spread holiday cheer. If you help him deliver presents, you’ll also receive a gift!
- Reactions and Hairstyles – Nine new Reactions will be available with this update of Animal Crossing New Horizons, which can be obtained by redeeming Nook Miles at the Nook Stop terminal located in Resident Services. Six new hairstyle options can also be acquired by redeeming Nook Miles, so get ready to express yourself and let your personality shine!
Home Storage Upgrade
- If you’ve expanded your in-game home to its largest size and paid off your debt, you’ll now be able to apply for a home storage expansion by speaking to Tom Nook at Resident Services. Congrats on achieving the next level of homeownership. This will expand your home storage to 2400 slots. Think of all the items you can now store and access from the comfort of your island home!
- Visit Random Islands in Dreams – Have you enjoyed dozing off and visiting other islands within dreams? Now you’ll be able to choose to visit random islands while dreaming, opening up new vistas of inspiration for your own island customizations.**
- Animal Crossing Pocket Camp Collaboration – To commemorate Animal Crossing Pocket Camp’s third anniversary, a Pocket Camp smartphone model will become available in Animal Crossing New Horizons. To receive this smartphone model, you’ll need to link both the Animal Crossing Pocket Camp app and Animal Crossing New Horizons to your Nintendo account. For more information, please visit here.
Island and Resident Data Transfers
- Two new features are arriving to offer expanded flexibility for your island and resident data. The whole island transfer feature will enable you to move your user save data, along with the island itself and all the residents, to another system. This service will facilitate by the free Island Transfer Tool app in Nintendo eShop. For players who are not the island’s Resident Representative, a single-player transfer feature allows you to transfer resident data to another system. This includes your resident’s name, appearance, and equipment, along with your inventory, home, and storage. Additional details about the benefits and limitations of these new data transfer services can be found here.
- Seasonal Items to Celebrate New Year’s Eve – New seasonal items will be available starting Dec. 1 at Nook Stop. Between Dec. 26 and Dec. 31, there will also be several festive items to commemorate New Year’s Eve. In addition to the updated content, you can look forward to a countdown event starting at 7 p.m. on Dec. 31. With Animal Crossing New Horizons, you can meet in-game to ring in the new year with friends, family, and your island residents!