Capcom suffered another serious information breach as details of the upcoming games and release plan by the end of 2024 were posted online. It follows a cache of documents released earlier this week that reveals details about closer games to release in the next few months, as well as plans to manage source code and relationships with publishers. Nine items of employees’ personal data were also included. Finally, Capcom, the list of upcoming games to come by the end of 2024 has been leaked.
As before, this new information comes from a ransomware attack that breaches Capcom’s servers and obtains a massive amount of sensitive information. Capcom has admitted to the attack and is now working with law enforcement.
The list of widely reported upcoming games includes a large number of unannounced projects and a Resident Evil game in one way or another each year until 2024. Capcom fans excitedly showed that Dragon’s Dogma is on the release list and plans for a remake of the sequel from classic games like Final Fight and Power Stone. And less surprisingly, Street Fighter 6 is mentioned.
It is worth remembering that this list may be out of date (coming from a document dated earlier this year) and that future game projects were reliably changed/postponed/completely lost long before they were ready for public release.
Capcom Upcoming Games List Leaked
Leaks continue as a result of Capcom’s internal systems hacked by the ransomware gang. In the document that emerged earlier in the week, it had written that Resident Evil Village will release in late April 2021, and Monster Hunter Rise and Monster Hunter Stories 2 Wings of Ruin will also come to PC. Moreover, it had written that the virtual reality version of Resident Evil 4 developed, and a game with the code name Shield made.
Capcom did not reveal the leaked information about upcoming games but confirmed that sales reports, financial information, and personal information of some employees compromised. So, Capcom thinks that up to 350,000 records containing addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, photos, and dates of birth may have been seized. However, the credit card information is safe.
The document that emerged today includes upcoming games that Capcom plans to release by the end of the 2024 fiscal year. There are many Resident Evil games, Dragon’s Dogma 2, Onimusha New Work, Street Fighter 6, and many more.
The planned debut intervals as full list and fiscal year are as follows:
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin (first quarter of 2021)
- Dai Gyakuten Saiban 12 (first quarter of 2021)
- Shield (third quarter of 2021)
- Resident Evil Outrage (fourth quarter of 2021)
- Regolith (fourth quarter of 2021)
- “Indies 2” (first quarter of 2022)
- “Indies 2 port” (second quarter of 2022)
- Dragon’s Dogma 2 (second quarter of 2022)
- Street Fighter 6 (third quarter of 2022)
- Rockman Match (third quarter of 2022)
- Resident Evil Remake (fourth quarter of 2022)
- Onimusha New Work (fourth quarter of 2022)
- Monster Hunter Rise G (fourth quarter of 2022)
- Shield (fourth quarter of 2022)
- Monster Hunter 6 (second quarter of 2023)
- Biohazard Apocalypse (third quarter of 2023)
- Captain Commando (fourth quarter of 2023)
- Super Street Fighter 6 (fourth quarter of 2023)
- New C (first quarter of 2024)
- Final Fight Remake (second quarter of 2024)
- Power Stone Remake (third quarter of 2024)
- New B (fourth quarter of 2024)
- Ultra Street Fighter 6 (fourth quarter of 2024)
- Resident Evil Hank (fourth quarter of 2024)
It’s a list from the beginning of this year, so it’s not quite new. The change can be postponed or canceled.