Update notes are here
Epic Games released a new patch for the Battle Royal game Fortnite. Update Version 8.40.1 fixes some technical issues and brings stability improvements to the game. You can check the features of the new update below:
Fortnite Patch Version 2.16 – Update 8.40.1 notes
- Players were incorrectly being shown that they were being dropped to a lower Division in Arena.
- This was a visual-only issue, players were not actually being moved to a lower Division and the correct Division for each player is now displayed in-game.
- Blackheart’s beard was growing uncontrollably in the Deep Fried Food Fight LTM and would cover most of a player’s screen. He has visited a barber and his beard is back to its previous glory.
- Bushes were not appearing in any game modes after playing a match in the Air Royale LTM.
- Nameplate and ally indicators were missing from the UI in the Deep Fried Food Fight LTM.
- Extra buttons on mobile devices weren’t functioning properly when quickly alternating between clicking dedicated weapon select and building buttons.
- Made stability improvements specific to Creative Mode.
Fixed the following issues:
- Throwable items were not dealing damage if it was the last item consumed in a stack.
- The countdown for the Item Shop was showing an incorrect time.