Genshin Impact Patch 1.1 is Here: What’s New?
Genshin Impact made a big sensation after the release. The free-to-play open-world game is something which players are waiting for a long time. And the first big update, Genshin Impact patch 1.1 is live. The new patch comes with lots of gameplay changes, new characters, new weapons, new quests and etc. The patch can be downloaded for PC, PS4, and mobile.
Genshin Impact Patch 1.1 introduces the final part of the Act 1 Archon quest, “A New Star”. To play the final part, you need to be at least Adventure Rank 35 and you need to finish previous Archon quests. Let’s take a look at the patch notes.
Genshin Impact Patch 1.1
- 5-Star Character “Childe” Tartaglia (Hydro): His Elemental Skill, Foul Legacy: Raging Tide, unleashes a set of weaponry made of pure water that deals Hydro DMG to surrounding enemies. His Elemental Burst, Havoc: Obliteration, unleashes either “Flash of Havoc” or “Light of Obliteration” based on the Stance he is currently in.
- 4-Star Character “Kätzlein Cocktail” Diona (Cryo): Her Elemental Skill, Icy Paws, deals Cryo DMG and creates a shield on hit. Her Elemental Burst, Signature Mix, tosses out a special cold brew that creates a Drunken Mist, dealing Cryo DMG to enemies and continuously regenerating the HP of characters within the AoE.
- 5-Star Character “Vago Mundo” Zhongli (Geo): His Elemental Skill, Dominus Lapidis, commands the omnipresent power of earth to solidify into a Stone Stele, dealing AoE Geo DMG. His Elemental Burst, Planet Befall, brings a giant meteor crashing down, dealing massive Geo DMG to enemies within the impact radius and petrifying them.
- 4-Star Character “Blazing Riff” Xinyan: Her Elemental Skill, Sweeping Fervor, deals Pyro DMG to surrounding enemies and creates a shield. Her Elemental Burst, Riff Revolution, creates sonic waves that deal AoE Physical DMG before generating intense flames that deal continuous Pyro DMG to surrounding enemies.
- Memory of Dust (5-Star Catalyst): Increases the Shield Strength of the one equipping it. It increases ATK on hits, and this effect is strengthened while the character equipping it is under the protection of a shield.
- Vortex Vanquisher (5-Star Polearm): Increases the Shield Strength of the one equipping it. It increases ATK on hits. And this effect is strengthened while the character equipping it is under the protection of a shield.
- The Unforged (5-Star Claymore): Increases the Shield Strength of the one equipping it. It increases ATK on hits, and this effect is strengthened while the character equipping it is under the protection of a shield.
- Royal Spear (4-Star Polearm): Damaging an opponent gradually increases CRIT Rate through Focus. A CRIT hit clears all Focus effects.
- New Archon Quest: After the Version 1.1 Update, the Archon Quest Chapter 1: Act III – A New Star Approaches will become available. Complete this quest chain and obtain Primogems, Weapon Enhancement Materials, Character EXP Materials, and other rewards!
- New Story Quests: After the Version 1.1 Update, the Story Quest Monoceros Caeli Chapter: Act I – Mighty Cyclops’ Adventure! will become available. Complete this quest chain and obtain Primogems, Weapon Enhancement Materials, Character EXP Materials, and other rewards!
- The Story Quest Historia Antiqua Chapter: Act I – Sal Florewill also become available at a later date.
New World Quests
- New World Quests Added: The Adventurers’ Guild’s Affairs, Necessary Procedures, Words Worth Their Weight in Mora, Changchang’s Little Friend, The Secret of Nantianmen, An Ode to Yonder City, and Endless Research. Complete these quests and obtain Mora, Character EXP Materials, and other rewards!
- Event Duration: 2020/11/16 10:00:00 – 2020-11-30 03:59:59 (Server time)
- Event Rules: During the event, complete designated quests and “Star of Destiny” challenges to obtain Fading Star’s Might and Fading Star’s Essence!
- Complete “Prinzessin’s Pact” to get “Prinzessin der Verurteilung!” Fischl (Electro)!
- Event Rewards: Exchange Fading Star’s Might and Fading Star’s Essence in the Event Shop for Character Ascension Materials, Hero’s Wit, Mystic Enhancement Ore, Talent Enhancement Materials, Crown of Insight, and other rewards!
- Added customisation options for keyboard and controller: Go to Paimon Menu > Settings > Controls, select a function to change the key or button assigned to it, and press any key or button to assign it to this function.
- New customisation options added to Settings > Graphics: Volumetric Fog, Reflections, Bloom, Crowd Density, and The Co-op Teammate Effects.
- New options added to Settings > Other: Combat Camera Settings and Default Camera Distance.
- Added an Equipment Locking function. Locked equipment cannot be used for enhancement or refinement.
- A Report function added to Co-Op Mode
- Adds a feature to weapon/artifact enhancement screen that displays item descriptions for items added as enhancement materials.
- During weapon enhancement, surplus EXP is now returned in the form of weapon enhancement materials (previously, surplus EXP was lost).
- Characters dispatched on expeditions are no longer out-of-action. They can be added to your party as usual.
There are also new system changes like city reputation system, exploration progress system, archive system, character archive system. Also there are lots of bug fixes and changes in gameplay. You can read the full patch notes in the official web site. Stay tuned, enjoy.