Niantic’s Pokemon Go is getting a spooky Halloween event soon. The event will start on October 23 and will last till November 3. Niantic also will add Gen 8 ghost-type pokemon in the event. Players will have the chance to get Galarian forms of Yamask and Runerigus in Pokemon Go Halloween event. As we can remember, Niantic added Unovan Yamask in last year’s Halloween event.
In Niantic blog post, it says that Ghost-type Pokemon will appear more frequently in the wild and Mega Buddy Challenges. Mega Buddy Challenges is an event that players will be able to participate in exclusive Timed Research that will have exclusive rewards. You can read all features and updates of this years Halloween Event below.
Pokemon Go Halloween Event
- Ghost-type Pokémon will appear more often in the wild, will feature in raids, and will hatch more frequently from Eggs.
- This year, Gengar and Sableye will be wearing costumes! Face off with costumed Gengar in raids and keep an eye out for costumed Sableye in the wild—it may even hatch from an Egg!
- Galarian Yamask will appear in Pokémon GO for the first time! Complete the new Halloween 2020 Special Research, A Spooky Message Unmasked, to help Professor Willow uncover the mysteries surrounding this Pokémon.
- Players can encounter Spiritomb by completing certain Field Research tasks and by completing the new Halloween 2020 Special Research story, A Spooky Message Unmasked. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!
- Trainers who completed the Mega Buddy Challenge Timed Research will be able to participate in exclusive Timed Research that will reward Gengar Mega Energy.
- Darkrai will feature in five-star raids!
- Enjoy Halloween-themed Field Research tasks!
- New avatar items will be available in the Style Shop! Get dressed for Halloween with a Pikachu Mask, Gengar Onesie, Sableye Goggles, Sableye Mask, or Banette Mask! You can also try out the new Spooky Pose!
- Keep those eyes peeled for the Creepy Crate, Boo Bundle, and Pumpkin Pack boxes in the shop!
- Take a snapshot for some spooky surprises!
- 2× Transfer Candy
- 2× Catch Candy
There will also be some other events to celebrate Halloween.
- Alolan Marowak Raid Day: On Saturday, October 31, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, Alolan Marowak will be appearing more often in raids.
- Catch Mastery: Ghost Day — On Sunday, October 25, 2020, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time, Ghost-type Pokémon will appear more often in the wild. And there will be event-exclusive Timed Research available to complete.
- GO Battle League: Halloween Cup — From Monday, October 26, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Tuesday, November 3, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), the Halloween Cup will be live in the GO Battle League. In this format, only Poison-, Bug-, Ghost-, Dark-, and Fairy-type Pokémon with 1500 CP or less will be allowed to participate. You can also earn encounters with costumed Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle!