PixelOpus studio, which signed the latest Concrete Genie game for PS4, announced that they are developing a game for PS5. Concrete Genie was released specifically for Playstation 4 and managed to garner praise for its gameplay dynamics as well as its different theme. There were great deficiencies in the game, but we can say that the team moved away from the classical lines, especially with different dynamics such as the realization of the drawings we made. Finally, it turned out that PixelOpus studio, which came up with Concrete Genie, is working on a new game and this game was developed for PS5.
Concrete Genie team started searching for staff for PixelOpus PS5 game
A message has been published on the company’s social media accounts that they have started recruiting staff. In this message, it was also stated that the studio’s new game was developed for the PS5 console. The following statements were included in the published message: “#PixelOpus is hiring! We are hard at work on an exciting new PlayStation 5 title, and continuing to grow. Come and join us on this unique project within #PlayStationStudios!”
When we look at the details in the job posting, we see that the company uses the Unreal Engine 5 graphics engine in this project.
On the other hand, it was announced that PlayStation Studios are working on 25 games and half of these games are new IPs. We can probably say that the new game developed by the Concrete Genie team PixelOpus is also among these productions.
- Key contributor to the development of technology of cutting edge, 3d rendering technology within the constraints of the target system and performance characteristics of the game engine. This includes, but is not limited to, Complex shader coding, Lighting Models,
- Special effects (bloom, fog etc.), Occlusion schemes utilizing the rendering architecture, Particle systems, Shadowing Solutions etc.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the engine and tools pipeline.
- Managing graphical performance budgets and expectations with the team.
- Maintaining a knowledge of the game design to manage the identification of graphics led solutions to requested features. This could include, but is not limited to, use of complex shader tricks in achieving a specific visual effect, as requested by the art or design team.
- Providing input into the technical design and the vision through all phases of the game development cycle from pre-production through final product release. This entails ensuring products are of the highest technical quality and uphold the integrity of the game design.
- Taking ownership of systems and shepherding them from architecture to ship, including rollout to the team.
- Clearly communicating updates and concerns to their manager.
- Managing requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the technical creation process with the appropriate members of the development team.
- Actively maintaining skill set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
- Minimum 3-5 years industry or related experience.
- One or more published AAA console titles
- B.S. in computer science, engineering, or relevant curriculum.
- Proven demonstration of Graphics rendering techniques.
Finally, don’t forget to share your thoughts on the Concrete Genie team that started the search for staff for the PixelOpus PS5 game in the comments section below.