Assassin’s Creed become a totally different game series after Origins. Ubisoft converted the whole assassination based gameplay to RPG basics with different choices, story progression and more. This formula works really well for two latest Assassin’s Creed games and Ubisoft probably continue making games like that.
Assassin’s Creed Legions
And today, a rumor surfaced on fireden.net revealing next Assassin’s Creed game which is going to release in 2020 for both current and next generation of consoles. You can check the rumored features below:
- Next Assassins Creed is codenamed Legion in 2020 on current and next gen
- Set in Italy at the end of reign of Marcus Aurelius (guy from Gladiator) and during the struggles of his son Commodus and the year of 5 emperors
- Play as Cassius or Lucia, a descendent of characters from Origins and Odyssey
- Unclear which is canon, but like odyssey features choices and heavy RPG elements and same story for both characters.
- Made by Sofia to tie up some loose ends for the “Ancient Trilogy” and currently is more first civ intensive than other game.
- Main story is more involved in assassins and politics with first civ and flashbacks to other points in Rome history being secondary. Ubi wants to make it feel more like assassins creed while feeling like Odyssey to make old and new fans happy
- Map is mainland Italy and small part of Gaul and Germania like Libya in Origins
- Revised mercenary and cultist system. Big cultists and main story assassinations have those memory things