Publisher Devolver Digital and developer Croteam has released version 1.07 update for Serious Sam 4. It brings the survival mode. In this mode, you can fight alone or with friends against ever-growing hordes of enemies on three maps. A limited-time in-game Christmas event and a new playable character have also been added. To activate the event, you need to find the Christmas tree at the entrance of the Death From Above section and decorate the tree with the items you can collect around.
Also, performance and stability improvements, gameplay, and visual corrections were made. Finally, you can reach Serious Sam 4 on Steam until January 5th with a 20% discount.
Serious Sam 4 Patch 1.07 Release Notes
- 2020 is coming to an end. Finally. It felt like survival for most of us, so we thought – let’s celebrate it accordingly. Serious Sam 4 now has a brand new Survival mode spanning three maps, playable in single-player and co-op. Go, survive, my little ones.
- [STEAM ONLY] It wouldn’t be Christmas without a symbolic in-game event. Find a lonely tree in Death from Above, decorate it, and enjoy a trip to an alien-infested Winter Wonderland. Get your presents, but beware… some of them may contain something worse than a lump of coal.
- Santa Sam is coming to town. And he’s bringing guns.
Performance and stability:
- Improved stability and performance across graphics APIs.
- Improved support, performance, and stability for Nvidia’s 3000-series GPUs.
- Fixed an issue that caused significant frame drops during the Drone side-quest on Breakfast in France.
- Fixed an issue where the player could be unfairly booted from the map in the Vatican.
- Small enemies can once more be gibbed with non-piercing weapons. Because we all absolutely love gibs.
- We’ve done work on most of the cutscenes, making them shinier and weirder. That’s how we roll.
- Improved visibility on those pesky reptiloids. You should see them a bit better now and it should be easier to shoot one right between their eyes.
- We have added a pine branch tip to a simple mesh. I have no idea what that means, but I still included it because it sounds kinda fancy.
- Improved formatting for subtitles across languages.
- Improved the appearance of weapon and gadget ammo lists on the HUD based on community feedback. See? We listen.
- Fixed an issue where the quick gadget prompt wouldn’t go away. We scared it, so it will only pop up once now.
- Netricsa and skill point notifications will no longer overlap each other.