The online gaming market has been growing rapidly in recent years, and the global gambling market is expected to reach $200 billion by 2023. Mobile gaming and online casinos are among some of the most active platforms in this market. Nettikasino-ilman-rekisteröitymistä.com, for example, provides users with comparisons of some of the best online casino providers on the market. That can be helpful, as there are a lot of different platforms to choose from.
To understand why users are choosing mobile games over their console counterparts, we should first consider how these games differ from PC games. It is necessary to look at the reasons why mobile games are so popular.
- 1 The main differences between mobile games and PC games
- 1.1 Some advantages of PC games are, for example:
- 1.2 That said, PC games have disadvantages as well:
- 1.3 Mobile games have the following advantages:
- 1.4 Mobile games also have their drawbacks:
The main differences between mobile games and PC games
As the name suggests, the main difference between mobile games and other types of online games is that they are suitable for playing on mobile devices. Smartphones, tablets and other devices that have access to the Internet, allow you to install various games on them. This, in turn, makes it possible to play anytime and anywhere. In a world that is constantly changing at a rapid pace, games with this kind of accessibility are becoming more popular every day.
At the same time, mobile games are quite different from typical PC games, and each type of platform has its pros and cons.
Some advantages of PC games are, for example:
- A large selection of games that are often cheaper than console games
- Player convenience in the form of connection to a large monitor and a powerful PC
- Slight input lag, which is critical for some types of games, e.g. eSports
- Various peripherals, such as virtual reality (VR) glasses, can be connected to your PC
- PCs have better compatibility with other devices
That said, PC games have disadvantages as well:
- At the very least, you need a reasonably powerful PC which is often more expensive than a smartphone or a gaming console
- PC games tend to be more complex
- The lack of mobility, unlike a smartphone
Mobile games have the following advantages:
- Above all, their portability and mobility
- Multiple free games are available in smartphone game collections
- A wide variety of options is available in App Stores
Mobile games also have their drawbacks:
- The graphics for mobile games are much simpler, as they are designed to be played on a small screen
- Mobile screens also impose restrictions on the types of games that can be played. For example, it is difficult to play shooter games from a smartphone
- Games generally drain the battery of a smartphone as mobiles have a limited battery life
1.1 Why are mobile games popular?
Despite some disadvantages, the popularity of mobile games is steadily growing. This is due, on the one hand, to the constant development of technology, in particular, the continuous release of new generations of smartphones with enhanced technical specifications and the ability to connect peripherals such as a keyboard or gamepad. On the other hand, software developers are specifically focusing on the creation of mobile games, which in turn broadens the selection range and variety of such games and contributes to the growing popularity of this sector.
In addition, mobile gaming can be played throughout the day without being affected by minimal interruptions. For example, you can spend half an hour playing in the morning at home, then play while commuting, continue during your lunch break and play again on the way home. So, if it is important to play regularly, the mobile version of the game is the best choice.
Moreover, the large selection of free games with in-app purchases offers something for everyone. These games can be downloaded for free from Google Play or the App Store, and, in the process of playing them, you can buy various add-ons. In contrast to this, most PC games need to be paid for at the time of purchase.
1.2 Smartphone accessories for gamers
While many mobile games are suitable for playing on a touchscreen and do not require additional devices, avid gamers can buy individual accessories that will make gaming more enjoyable. Some of the gaming devices available for smartphones include:
1.3 Smartphone holder
This holder allows you to use both hands while playing on your smartphone without the fear of dropping your device. By placing the smartphone in the holder, the user can play more actively on the touchscreen.
1.4 Padlocks and screen covers
Special finger pads, as well as screen pads, help enhance screen pressure and increase precision. In addition, these uncomplicated add-ons help prevent your fingers from slipping across the screen.
This device has long been used by gamers on PCs, and now it can also be connected to smartphones. It makes it possible to play games on any mobile device almost as comfortably as on a PC.
1.6 VR glasses
With VR glasses, users can play games with VR elements and also watch 3D videos on their smartphone. At the same time, VR smartphone glasses are less expensive than PC glasses. This is because, with smartphone glasses, the display itself becomes the glasses’ screen.
Mobile gaming is now at the peak of popularity and analysts expect the growth rate of this market to continue unabated in the near future. Furthermore, the increasing popularity of this trend is enforced by the emergence of new generations of smartphones which, in turn, prompts developers to keep pace as they continue to design updated features and new games for newer devices.