It is announced that Norsfell and Gearbox have teamed up and will bring Tribes of Midgard to PlayStation 5. In ToM players can play solo or co-op with a team, up to 10 players.
Tribes of Midgard is an upcoming Viking themed survival game in which the players have to survive in the wilderness. But this is not all. Players will also have to resist the oncoming invasion of giants during Ragnarök. Players have to explore the wilderness to craft new weapons and also have to protect their village against the invading Legions of Hel at nightfall and protect the Seed of Yggdrasil, a tree that holds the promise of everlasting life, from the Giants.
Tribes of Midgard Features
- Up to 10 Player Co-Op: Form a tribe, from 1 to 10 players, and thrive together as long as you can.
- Explore Midgard: Discover ancient relics, meet wandering merchants and face treacherous enemy camps.
- Craft Legendary Equipment: Use your gathered materials to forge new equipment and reinforce your village.
- Defend Your Home At Night: Work together to stop the legions of Hel from invading your village at nightfall.
- Build Anywhere: Build structures to reach cliffs, cross rivers, and create entire base layouts to protect your village.
- Fight Together In The Wild: Face a variety of enemies while exploring the world and loot them for rewards.
- Stop The Giants To Prevent Ragnarök: Engage menacing Giants and defeat them before they destroy the Seed of Yggdrasil.
Inspired by Norse mythology and winner of the 2017 Ubisoft Indie Series, Tribes of Midgard is in development by Norsfell games and published by Gearbox Publishing.
Tribes of Midgard will be released in 2021. You can watch the Gameplay Reveal Trailer below. Stay tuned, enjoy.