Ubisoft has released a hotfix for Watch Dogs Legion on Xbox One and PS4. And there is a PC patch that will arrive tomorrow.
Watch Dogs Legion hotfix comes with lots of improvements and fixes
The news comes from a post over the Ubisoft Forums. As the post mentions, the first batch of bug fixes and performance improvements coming for Watch Dogs Legion is a part of the hotfix. You can check out the patch notes below:
Watch Dogs Legion Patch Notes (October 29/ 30)
- Global performance improvements on PS4 for smoother gameplay/driving
- Made several improvements to PC performance
- Optimized performance to improve framerates for RTX GPUs
- Fixed an issue that caused framerate drops to occur when characters walk through checkpoints
- Improved the framerate performance when driving
- Fixed a freeze when switching input controllers on PC
- Fixed sporadic crashes on PS4
- Fixed sporadic crashes on Xbox One/S
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when launched on a console set to TURKISH, INDONESIAN, GREEK, ROMANIAN, HUNGARIAN, VIETNAMESE or THAI languages
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash on Xbox One X when selecting a certain option in the Into the Void mission
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when browsing through the Premium Shop tabs on Xbox One
These fixes are welcome by us. I also encountered several technical issues during my review. There is also One particularly problematic bug exclusive to the Xbox One X and forces the console to shut down during a mission. Ubisoft is aware of this issue and will release a hotfix on October 30. So we strongly recommend you to wait until the scheduled hotfix for Watch Dogs Legion arrives.
Watch Dogs Legion is available today, Oct. 29 on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Google Stadia. PS5 and Xbox Series X versions of the game will also be available on the consoles release dates. Also, If you want to learn how we feel about the game, you can click here to read our opinions about the game.