Following the release of the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S models, Microsoft announced a new Xbox Wireless Headset model. This headset, which has a price tag of $99.99, draws attention with features such as Dolby Atmos and DTS Headphone. When we look at the design, we see that besides being wireless, it has the opportunity to intuitively change the microphone support, equalizer adjustment, rotatable headphone dials, volume, and game/chat balance. So, the information on Microsoft’s site about the headset, which will be sold on March 16, 2021, is as follows;
Xbox Wireless Headset Announced
Experience high quality audio with a low-latency, 100% wireless connection to your Xbox console, without the need for a dongle or a base station. Also, supports spatial sound technologies including Windows Sonic, Dolby Atmos and DTS Headphone: X for realism and audio precision that fully surrounds you.
Comfortable & intuitive design
Play comfortably for hours with the ultra-soft earcups, lightweight design and customisable fit. Also, the rotating earcup dials of the new Xbox Wireless Headset provide an intuitive way to change volume and game / chat balance. Quickly adjust and get back to the game. Fully adjustable mic tucks up and out of the way when not in use.
Crystal clear chat
Voice isolation focuses the mic on your voice to reduce background noise. And when you aren’t talking, the auto-mute feature automatically mutes your microphone so you keep comms channels clear, while the manual mute button gives you a privacy option when you need it.
Tailored to you
Use the Xbox Accessories app to fine-tune the audio controls, including equaliser settings, bass boost, auto-mute sensitivity and mic-monitoring levels. Pair directly to your console with Xbox Wireless radio without the need for a dongle, cable or base station and connect to your mobile device with Bluetooth® to listen to music or chat while on the go.
Keep your comms connected
Whether you’re coordinating to overcome co-op challenges or throwing down with online competition, you need a headset that can endure your most intense gaming sessions. Enjoy up to 15 hours of battery life with the internal, rechargeable battery.
What’s in the box
- Xbox Wireless Headset
- USB-C charging cable (14 inches long)
- For use with Xbox X|S, Xbox One and Windows 10 devices. On supported consoles, some voice chat features may require Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Live Gold (memberships sold separately). Windows 10 use requires Bluetooth 4.2+, Xbox Wireless adapter or compatible USB-C cable. Each sold separately.
- Headband: inner steel metal band with foam cushioning
- Ear cushions: oval design with polyurethane leather and foam cushioning
- Mic design: bendable boom with dual mics and Illuminated LED when mic is on
- Size: 40mm
- Material: Paper composite diaphragm and neodymium magnet
- Impedance: 32 ohm
- Response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Buttons: power/pair, mute, game/chat audio balance dial (left earcup), volume dial (right earcup).
- Bluetooth version: 4.2 (A2DP, HFP, HSP)
- Codec: SBC
- Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery with up to 15 hours of battery life per charge. 30 minutes of charging provides about 4 hours of battery life and recharges to full battery life in about 3 hours when headset is not in use
Virtual Surround Sound
- Supports Spatial Sound technologies like Windows Sonic, Dolby Atmos and DTS Headphone:X on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One*
Xbox Accessories app
- Adjust equaliser settings, bass boost, auto-mute, LED brightness and mic monitoring
Finally, do not forget to share your opinion about the Xbox Wireless Headset in the comments section. Also, you can find our Xbox Game Pass February Games news, which was published recently, here.