Fanatec Introduces the official Gran Turismo DD Wheel Base. Combining PlayStation®5 console performance with FANATEC® Direct Drive technology for the smoothest and most dynamic force feedback sensations.
Fanatec Introduces The Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheel Base
In 2001, Gran Turismo™ 3 introduced breakthrough force feedback technology to PlayStation®. Developed simultaneously with the CSL DD, it is once again a Gran Turismo wheel base which introduces next-generation force-feedback technology to the mass market: Direct Drive.
ONCE YOU FEEL IT, THERE’S NO GOING BACK
When the steering wheel is directly mounted to the motor shaft, there’s no belt or gear drive to dilute the force feedback effects. Direct Drive is the clear choice of all professional drivers and enthusiast sim racers, and it’s now available to a broader audience.
The Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheel Base package includes the Boost Kit 180, a powerful 180W power supply that unlocks the full performance of the direct drive motor.
8 NM PEAK TORQUE
Using the included Boost Kit 180, the Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheel Base operates in its 8 Nm mode. This provides much stronger feedback, and as a result, you’ll feel the subtle cues more clearly too.
SMALL SIZE. HUGE PERFORMANCE.
This high level of torque can be sustained without the need for active cooling, with the extruded and CNC-machined aluminium casing acting as the structural chassis as well as the heatsink.
Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheel Base:
- The official Direct Drive Wheel Base for Gran Turismo®
- Boost Kit 180 (included) unlocks maximum strength (8 Nm peak torque)
- Officially licensed for PlayStation®5 consoles and PlayStation®4 consoles
- Direct-Drive system delivers instant, detailed force feedback
- Linear, consistent performance
- Patented, exclusive FluxBarrier technology optimises motor efficiency and smoothness
- Full Fanatec SDK support ensures compatibility out of the box for all major racing games
- Standard Tuning Menu allows beginners to get started quickly without having to worry about settings
- Advanced Tuning Menu allows enthusiasts to fine-tune the force feedback characteristics to suit their driving preferences
- High-resolution (contactless) Hall-position-sensor, same as Podium Series
- Steering axis made from carbon fibre-enhanced composite
- Fanless: wheel base housing is made from aluminium (passive heat sink, core structural component) with composite end caps
- Rotation: 2520 degrees (electronically limited, adjustable)
- Slip ring system (life-tested for thousands of hours) provides cable-free delivery of power and data between steering wheel and wheel base
- Automotive-grade quick release, exchangeable
- Compatible with entire Fanatec ecosystem (see Compatibility section for details)
- T-nut rail system on sides and bottom for easily adjustable hard-mounting
- Optional table clamp (sold separately), supports 5 to 60 mm table thickness
- Power supply
- USB-C to console / PC
- Shifter 1
- Shifter 2 (Sequential only)
- Front-mounted threaded inserts for Fanatec accessories (e.g. ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles, available separately). Not intended for front-mounting the wheel base to a sim racing chassis/cockpit.
The Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheel Base is compatible with:
- All Fanatec Podium Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec CSL Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec Pedals (adapter cables might be required on pedals without RJ12 connection)
- All Fanatec Shifters
- Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake
- Boost Kit 180
- All Fanatec Cockpits
- CSL DD Table Clamp
- ClubSport Table Clamp V2
- Podium Mounting Brackets (the Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheel Base includes M6 T-nuts for side-mounting; the Podium Mounting Brackets require the use of M6 bolts and washers)
Please note: Compatibility with all peripherals is tested by Fanatec, but not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- This product is compatible with all PlayStation®4 consoles and PlayStation®5 consoles.
- This product is compatible with PC on all major racing games.
- Other platforms: Compatibility with other platforms depends on the used steering wheel. For more information, please check the product page of the steering wheel you plan to use.
Please note: PC and other platform compatibility is tested by Fanatec, but not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- Gran Turismo DD Pro direct drive wheel base
- Boost Kit 180 power supply (regional)
- 4x T-nuts for rail mount system
- PlayStation® button caps
- USB cable (Type-C to Type-A)
- Quick Guide
USA – $599,95
Japan – 89,999¥
Australia – $999.95