Publisher Playstack and developer Cold Symmetry announced Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition, an enhanced version of the Souls-like action role-playing game Mortal Shell for next-generation consoles. Also, it will be released on March 4 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series at $ 29.99/£ 24.99/€ 29.99.
Users with the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One version will be able to access it for free. It will also be available in inboxes. Standard $ 29.99/£ 24.99/€ 29.99 and deluxe $ 39.99/£ 34.99/€ 39.99. Deluxe will additionally include a 140-page art book with never-before-seen concept drawings and illustrations, double-sided cover design, and postcards.
Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition will offer updated textures and 4K resolution. 4K 60FPS on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, 4K 30FPS on Xbox Series S. Mortal Shell first launched for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store in August 2020. Also, a Steam release is due this summer. The PlayStation 5 controller will also benefit from the features of DualSense. You can check out the announcement trailer from the player below.
Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition Announced For PS5 and Xbox Series
Here is an overview of the game, via Playstack:
Awakening as an empty vessel, you will enter into a shattered and twisted world where the remains of humanity wither and rot. Implored to do the bidding of the mysterious “Dark Father,” you must traverse this tattered landscape and track down hidden sanctums of devout followers. Also, there, in Mortal Shell’s most hallowed grounds, you must overcome formidable foes and harvest the sacred glands. You won’t be truly alone when the dead litter your path: Scattered across this land are the remnant anima of lost warriors who can be inhabited to gain their unique abilities and knowledge of weapons. The Dark Father is desperate for you to complete your task – but to what end?
- Discover “Shells” to Suit Your Playstyle – The lost remains of defeated warriors are yours to unearth. Awaken these Mortal Shells, occupy their bodies and significantly widen your understanding of different forms of combat. Inhabit a Shell that best fits your style and utilizes their own unique mastery of skills and weapon upgrades.
- Iron Sharpens Iron – Combat is strategic and deliberate. Survival demands superior awareness, precision, and instincts. You must commit your sword only when an opportunity opens. Calculate your parries to unleash devastating counterblows.
- Non-linear Campaign – Draw your own path across marsh-infested lowlands, through a gargantuan cathedral of obsidian rock, and into an ancient crypt frozen into the crest of a mountain.
- Deep Upgrade Paths – The stronger your connection to each Mortal Shell grows, the better you can harness their innate talents. Craft unique upgrades, sharpen your blade with acid, and study dark arcane abilities that imbue your attacks with supernatural devastation.
- Face Haunting Foes – Your path is guarded by desperate adversaries, devoted to inscrutable gods. Behold creatures both pitiable and grotesque, but do not let fear halt your journey. Muster your courage and face them down.
- Developed by AAA Veterans – Mortal Shell has been developed by a coalition of seasoned veterans with an unbridled passion for the soulslike genre.
Finally, you can watch the new trailer below.